SEO Success Story: Footers Catering
- Few Leads & Less Traffic
- Outdated Design Lacked Visual Appeal
- No Content Management System
- No Search Engine Visbility
- 40% Increase in Traffic
- 19% Increase in Leads
- Top Organic Positioning for Keywords
- Modern Design With Visual Appeal & Custom Content Management System (CMS)
This case study details Fusionbox's redesign of the Footers Catering website. Footers, a premier Denver catering and event planning company, needed a website that would function as a sales and lead generation tool.
The original Footers site was not search engine or user friendly. Instead, it was text-heavy, lacking the brochure-like visual appeal required to present the company's professional catering services. Fusionbox worked with Footers to redesign the site, creating a site that showcases Footers professional catering services, culinary excellence, and presentation.
Footers also needed the ability to add and delete text, images, and news, so Fusionbox created a custom content management system (CMS) to give Footers full control of content sitewide.
Finally, Footers had no organic search engine ranking due to bulky HTML code, un-optimized content, and few incoming links. Thus, the company had a very limited online presence. Because the site was not visible for its target keyphrases, traffic levels were not reaching the level Footers needed to generate valuable leads.
So, Fusionbox implemented a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy to increase the visibility of the site within the highly competitive local catering space. When coupled with a fresh, modern design, SEO drew more traffic to the site and visitors stayed longer, interacting with more of Footers content. Things have been different for Footers Catering ever since.
The original Footers Catering website presented several challenges that Fusionbox was able to overcome with a strategy focused on user-centric web design, custom development, and search engine optimization. Footers needed a complete website solution in order to build an online presence and generate leads.
The site suffered from:
- Outdated Design
- Insufficient Leads
- Code and Content Were Not Optimized for Search Engines
- Lack of Traffic and Visibility For Keyphrases
- No Content Management System
Upon completion of the project and the implementation of the Fusionbox SEO strategic process, the effectiveness of Footer's website improved dramatically. Soon, the site was generating more leads through increased traffic, visually enticing design, and higher organic search engine positioning.
- 19% Growth in Leads
- Increase in Returning Visitors
Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
- Increased Organic Search Engine Rank & Positioning for Target Keywords
- Footers Catering now has multiple first page listing for phrases like "Denver catering company"
- 43% Increase in Traffic
- Site Became More "Sticky" as Time Spent on Site Increased
- Content Management System Allowed Contextual Updates of News, Images, and more
- Site is More Accessible to search engines and users alike
- Design is Modern and Clean, Featuring More Images
- Visual Elements Allow Site to Function As Sales Brochure
In order to drive traffic, increase visibility, and generate leads to the Footers site, we implemented our SEO strategic process, allowing us to correct the initial flaws on the Footers site while creating a lasting solution.
Fusionbox made multiple improvements in each of the following areas:
Search Engine Friendliness:
- Rewrote Code - Bloated HTML Transformed Into Search Engine Accessible Structural CSS
- Added Keyword Focus to On-Page Content & Navigation
- Removed Textual Content from Images, Optimizing Underlying Tags Instead
- Link Building Campaign Increased Traffic & Organic Rank
- Added Top Navigation Bar
- Calls-to-Action More Descriptive & Compelling
- Simplified User Forms
- Website passed "30-Second Rule" of Usability
- Moved Important Calls to Action Above the Fold
- Sophisticated Appearance and Simplified User-Centric Design
- Modern Design Encourages Conversion
- Outdated Style Transformed Into Effective Tool to Reach Target Audiences
Since working with Fusionbox, the Footers Catering website has become an integral business tool, generating more leads than ever before thanks to increased visibility and top organic search engine positioning. Upon completion of this project and its various components, Footers has seen a major traffic increase among its target audience, which ultimately impacted their bottom line and continues to do so today.
Your website should be a tool that drives business results unique to your company. Many companies use a shotgun approach and claim results, but at Fusionbox, we know that no two website solutions are the same. What matters to one company may not matter to another, so understanding and collaboration are essential components of our process.
If you aren't utilizing your website effectively to reach customers and create an online presence, you're losing leads and wasting time and money while your competitors gain an advantage.
So what are you waiting for? Contact Fusionbox today to see how we can help you interact with your target market through your website.